CompanyKestrel Design provides comprehensive mechanical and electromechanical product design and development services, from initial conceptual development through to final production support, both domestic and international.
Kris W. Grube, a mechanical engineer with graduate and undergraduate degrees from MIT, founded Kestrel Design in 1995. Since its inception, the company has designed products for a variety of industries. Examples include consumer appliances, complex mechanism design, electronics packaging, medical diagnostic equipment, fluid systems, robotics, light transportation, and aerospace products.
Most development programs are multi-phase, beginning with concept development and ending with production documentation and pilot manufacturing support. A rigorous approach is applied both to engineering problem solving and to prediction and management of development cost and schedule.
Through established associations with the MIT community and other design organizations, a complete development team can be provided for a variety of products.
- Mechanical and Electromechanical Product Design
- System Design and Product Architecture Development
- Mechanical Engineering and Analysis
- Detailed Development Planning
- Product Specification and Requirements Analysis
- Cost Analysis and Vendor Management
- Concept Development, Invention, and Brainstorming
- Patent Documentation Support
- Design History Documentation
- Prototype Implementation
- Testing and Evaluation
- Manufacturing Documentation
- Tooling Development, Domestic and Off Shore
- Production Support